Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

As I sit here, the last hour of 2013 ticking steadily, impossibly by, I am once again overwhelmed by a sense of powerlessness. For all we can do, all we could do, in the end we have very little to say on the subject that is our life. We make decisions sure, and I'm not belittling those in the slightest, but for as much as we want to be in control, as much as we think we are, we are but dust. We each have our unique role in this world, and a duty to play it but it makes me think deeper, higher, to Him who is at the helm.

So as this difficult year passes and I look afresh at the possibilities, the hopes, the aspirations - even the wonder - of what this coming year holds, it is my prayer that this sense of smallness that encompasses me now might remain. That I would not forget my size, being overcome with pride. 

As 2014 arrives, my heart is moved:
Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve, I'll serve
I will follow you.

No comments:

Post a Comment